Serving Up Clean, Consistent & Cost-Effective Kitchen Vignettes
A multinational home improvement retailer launched inspirational vignette displays for their kitchen departments across all stores, featuring a series of selection centers for kitchen cabinets and countertops. But with many different vendors to manage, execution was getting lengthy and difficult to oversee.
They turned to Colony Display to streamline construction and installation, reduce in-store labor needs, and develop a full rollout plan for over 1,500 stores. Read on to learn how we used our S.I.M.P.L.E. Solutions model to drastically reduce completion time and make life easier for the retailer’s project management group.
Colony Display reduced completion time for each store by over 50%—and developed a 5-year rollout plan to update over 1,500 stores in the U.S.
About the Client
This home improvement retailer is one of the largest in the world.
They recently began featuring vignette displays for their kitchen departments to elevate the consumer experience. Vignette displays are fantastic for helping to paint a picture of daily life and getting customers to imagine products in their own home. They’re also ideal for quietly upselling cabinets, counters, appliances, and other items.
The retailer wanted to continue with vignette displays, but execution was becoming increasingly hard to manage. The corporate project management group was wrangling 65 vendors, and a single store took 20 weeks to complete.
That’s when they asked Colony Display to step in and help.
Our cost-effective solutions not only reduced the need for in-store labor and installation waste, they’re also ensuring a clean and consistent rollout process for a retailer with thousands of locations across the country.
Reducing Costs with Value Engineering
- Minimize In-Store Labor – We pre-built and consolidated as much as possible, using a plug-and-play wall system that was pre-wired for demo mode of appliances and lighting (under cabinet and display).
- Turnkey Rollout Program – The Colony Display team developed a 5-year rollout plan to update over 1,500 stores in the U.S.
- Consolidation – We dedicated 200,000 square feet in our facility for display assembly, pre-built wall assembly, and cabinetry pre-building. We were able to reduce completion time by over 50% and install with one included go-back for the punch list.
- Easy, Fast Installation – Colony Display carpenters completed the install in 5 days with 6 laborers for 5 truckloads’ worth of fixtures and product displays.
- Consistency & Quality – We were the sole installation company to run this program, meaning we were able to ensure unparalleled consistency and quality control throughout each store.
Colony Display was proud to deliver clean, consistent, and timely execution for each store. We had a solid plan from the outset, which made it easier to achieve our goals and make the client happy. Here are some of the project’s highlights:
Successfully managed 900 retailer SKUs and 42 different configurations for store layouts
Communicated often and were fully transparent with any issues — no unexpected surprises here
Took all the guesswork out for the retailer’s project management group, delivering weekly progress and execution reports
At Colony Display, we can tackle even the most complex retail displays. Whether you have an existing program that’s running off the rails or you want to create something from scratch, reach out to see how we can help transform and elevate your consumer environment.